Lobs & Lessons
Lobs & Lessons is a youth enrichment program that strengthens life skills, promotes academics and creates a path to higher education through the sport of tennis. First Serve Life Skills and Academic Creative Engagement curriculum are two of the curriculums offered during afterschool and summer enrichment programs.
Five core values of the program include:
- Getting along with others
- Regulating emotion
- Being coachable
- Practicing healthy habits
- Learning the sport of tennis
Lobs & Lessons is a member of the United States Tennis Association (USTA) and is a National Junior Tennis and Learning (NJTL) chapter.
Awards Received by Lobs & Lessons
- 2015 USTA/MAS Innovation Award
- 2013 Virginia Organization of the Year from USTA/MAS Virginia
- 2011 National Junior Tennis & Learning Chapter of the Year
- 2010 USTA/MAS Community Program of the Year
Lobs & Lessons Program Staff
Jordan Clayton, Chloe Berry, Taylor Thornburg and Matt Blackshaw