Lobs & Lessons
Lobs & Lessons is a youth enrichment program that strengthens life skills, promotes academics and creates a path to higher education through the sport of tennis. First Serve Life Skills and Academic Creative Engagement curriculum are two of the curriculums offered during afterschool and summer enrichment programs.
Six Current Core Values of Lobs & Lessons Programming
- Getting along with others
- Regulating emotion
- Being coachable
- Practicing healthy habits
- Learning the sport of tennis
- Promoting college and career exploration
Impact Statements for Lobs & Lessons Programming
- Provide civic engagement and career discovery opportunities for VCU students.
- Explore and promote career and college pathways with youth.
- Develop/Build a tennis pipeline for youth, families and community members.
- Cultivate/Develop/Build social emotional learning skills in staff and youth.
Awards Received by Lobs & Lessons
- 2015 USTA/MAS Innovation Award
- 2013 Virginia Organization of the Year from USTA/MAS Virginia
- 2011 National Junior Tennis & Learning Chapter of the Year
- 2010 USTA/MAS Community Program of the Year
Lobs & Lessons Program Staff
Neha Pondicheery, Priyanka Kundur and Jamie Smoot