There are a variety of opportunities throughout the year, both on and off the court, to volunteer with the Mary and Frances Youth Center.
- Life Skills Presenter- Teach a lesson from our curriculum or one of your own.
- Career Guest Speaker- Share knowledge about your career, education and type of work that can educate and inspire youth to explore a different path.
- Tennis Instructor- Assist staff on the court by leading tennis drills, stations and games.
- Summer Camp- Assist staff with tennis, team building games and camp activities.
- Tennis Coach- Coach a Richmond Public Schools Middle School team for Spring match play.
- Special Events- Assist staff with development, coordination or day of event.
- Tennis Ball Art- Design and create tennis ball art figures to sale.
- Download and read the DCE Youth Programs Manual (PDF). You will be asked to sign off on this document.
- Complete the MFYC Volunteer Application (PDF), Guidelines & Procedures Release, Statement of Disclosure and Release of Liability (please print front-to-back).
- Attend a Volunteer Training.
- Complete and submit Score Summary page (print or screenshot) for the Safety and Protection of Minors Tier III Training, indicating a score of 80% or higher. You MUST complete this before you start volunteering.
- Submit completed forms: E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, drop off at the MFYC, located at 120 S. Linden Street, or mail to P.O. Box 843062, Richmond, VA 23284-3062.
Training is required for new volunteers. Fall 2017 volunteer trainings will be offered Thursday, Sept. 7 from 5:30 to 7 p.m. OR Friday, Sept. 29 from 3 to 4:30 p.m. RSVP to email@example.com to attend.
All trainings are at the Mary and Frances Youth Center in the upstairs seminar room. Volunteers are asked to wear comfortable shoes, as a part of the training will be on the tennis courts. If you have not submitted your paperwork in advance, please bring it to the training. In addition to the training, all volunteers (current and new) must complete the Safety and Protection of Minors Tier III Training.
Please review the Division of Community Engagement’s Youth Program Guidelines before submitting your volunteer application.