Youth Program Quality Improvement
In partnership with the The United Way of Greater Richmond and Petersburg, the Mary and Frances Youth Center manages the implementation of the Youth Program Quality Intervention (YPQI) quality improvement process for out-of-school-time service providers across the region.
MFYC's involvement in the process supports the center becoming a local and regional youth training resource for youth program quality and youth development professionals.
Utilizing the David P. Weikart Center for Youth Program Quality system, the process empowers education and human service leaders to adapt, implement and scale best-in-class, research validated quality improvement systems to advance child and youth development.
The organizations below reflect the diversity of our region and the relevancy of YPQI.
- Armstrong Leadership Program
- Art 180
- Blue Sky Fund
- Heart of Virginia Council - Boy Scouts of America
- Enrichmond Foundation
- Friends Association for Children
- Hanover Community Resources
- Hanover County Positive Action
- Higher Achievement
- Kidz R Cookin', LLC
- M.H. West and Co.
- Mary and Frances Youth Center
- Neighborhood Resource Center of Greater Fulton
- Peter Paul Development Center
- Podium Foundation
- Relationship Foundation
- Richmond Chess Initiative
- Salvation Army Boys & Girls Club
- Side by Side
- Sports Backers
- Story RVA
- Trinity Family Life Center
- VCU Service-Learning
- Visual Arts Center
- YMCA ARC
Testimonials from Past Participants
“I appreciated finding out the strategic steps to improvement, change and what could impede that.”
“I’m so glad I had the opportunity to look at the assessment data and formulate a plan in a suitable working environment.”
“I enjoyed the various perspectives of other community leaders in Richmond. Since the forum allowed for open discussion, I learned a lot from other organizations. Great information!”
“The trainings have been interactive, engaging, and very helpful and informative.”
“I’ve learned real ways to implement sustainable change.”
Richmond YPQI is supported by:
- The Memorial Foundation for Children
- NextUp RVA
- The Community Foundation
- The Robins Foundation
- The United Way of Greater Richmond and Petersburg
For more information
For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.