The one night you can't lose on the court!
Oct. 6, 2018 from 6 to 8:30 p.m.
In celebration of 10 years of impact on Richmond area youth, we invite the community to join us for an evening of celebration, recognition and support of youth programming. The evening will highlight the Mary and Frances Youth Center's 10th anniversary and Richmond Tennis Association's new youth initiatives.
- Celebrate decades of milestones for youth programming in Richmond.
- Recognize dynamic champions who have supported the development of youth tennis programming through their contributions to the success of the Mary and Frances Youth Center and Richmond Tennis Association’s mission.
Champions for Youth:
- Support local youth by raising funds for scholarships for afterschool programming, summer camps and tennis clinics.
Participants will enjoy food, beverages and an awards ceremony, in a unique atmosphere on the tennis courts. Walk down the green carpet and capture the moment/spotlight with friends at the VIP wall. East of Afton will serve up live bluegrass music throughout the evening. Step up to the baseline and serve an Ace to score a prize for yourself and local youth. We will be serving up some raffle opportunities throughout the evening. This will certainly be a night at the net to remember!
$50 per person includes heavy hors d’oeuvres, open bar and music. This event is for guests 18 and older. The first 100 tickets sold will be entered to win one of 10 first edition, autographed copies of Open: An Autobiography by Andre Agassi.
Location: The Mary and Frances Youth Center will light up the night under fully tented tennis courts!
Directions & Parking: Directions to the Mary and Frances Youth Center are available at the bottom of the page via Google Maps. Street parking is available and free of cost on weekends. The following streets are closest to the Mary and Frances Youth Center: W. Cary Street, Parkwood Avenue, S. Linden Street, Harrison Street, and Cherry Street. Additional parking is available in the West Cary Street Deck (76) and the West Main Street Deck (77). Monroe Park Campus Map
Suggested Attire: The event will be on court, therefore it is suggested that participants wear appropriate shoes (low heels or flat shoes are acceptable) for the event. The attire is business causal, typical of a garden party.
- Mary and Frances Youth Center is a vital organization to the community, providing programming and training to enhance the lives of youth in the greater Richmond area. The Center strives to be a leader in university-community collaboration for positive youth development. The Center houses two direct youth programs (one of which is Lobs & Lessons, a nationally awarded NJTL) and two non-direct youth initiatives.
- Richmond Tennis Association is one of the oldest and most successful community tennis organizations in the United States, having been named tennis organization of the year by the USTA and USTA/Mid-Atlantic Section during its existence. The RTA organizes and operates a variety of tennis programs and events throughout the year for tennis players of all ages and abilities.