MFYC Staff Attends Ready by 21 National Meeting
Tina Carter, director of the Mary and Frances Youth Center; Shekinah Mitchell, YPQI coordinator at MFYC; and Rebekah Holbrook, director of impact: education for United Way travelled to New Orleans, La. March 31 to April 2 to attend the Ready by 21 National Meeting.
The annual event brings together hundreds of leaders from around the country who are working to get all young people ready by 21 – for college, work and life. Participants learned about research, experiences and strategies in the following areas:
- Building and strengthening your partnerships
- Expanding learning outcomes and opportunities
- Aligning policies and resources
- Reaching opportunity youth
- Evaluating coalitions
- Defining and closing gaps in youth readiness
- Creating child and youth master plans
In partnership with the The United Way of Greater Richmond and Petersburg, the MFYC manages the implementation of the Youth Program Quality Intervention (YPQI) quality improvement process for out-of-school-time service providers across the region.
For more information, visit http://mfyc.vcu.edu/youth-program-quality-/.